By David Krasner
A background of contemporary Drama: Volume II explores a notable breadth of themes and analytical techniques to the dramatic works, authors, and transitional occasions and hobbies that formed international drama from 1960 via to the sunrise of the hot millennium.
- Features particular analyses of performs and playwrights, reading the impact of quite a lot of writers, from mainstream icons corresponding to Harold Pinter and Edward Albee, to extra unorthodox works by means of Peter Weiss and Sarah Kane
- Provides international insurance of either English and non-English dramas – together with works from Africa and Asia to the center East
- Considers the impression of artwork, track, literature, structure, society, politics, tradition, and philosophy at the formation of postmodern dramatic literature
- Combines wide-ranging subject matters with unique theories, overseas viewpoint, and philosophical and cultural context
Completes a complete two-part paintings reading sleek international drama, and along A background of recent Drama: Volume I, bargains readers whole insurance of an entire century within the evolution of worldwide dramatic literature.
Read or Download A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000 PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
The traditional scholia to Sophocles’ Oedipus at Colonus make clear Alexandrian methods of attractive with this play, and are richer than these to the opposite Sophoclean performs. The final editor, Vittorio de Marco (1952), tested a greater textual content of those scholia than his predecessors, in up to he had a fuller wisdom in their manuscript culture and a greater realizing in their stratified nature.
This ebook is ready literary representations of the either left- and right-wing Italian terrorism of the Nineteen Seventies via modern Italian authors. In supplying specified analyses of the various modern novels that experience terrorism in both their foreground or heritage, it deals a “take” on postmodern narrative practices that's substitute to and extra optimistic than the hugely serious review of Italian postmodernism that has characterised a few sectors of present Italian literary feedback.
Within the Nineteen Eighties, Howard Chaykin broke new flooring in American comedian books with a sequence of officially leading edge, iconoclastic works that became the normal action-adventure stories of mainstream comics right into a platform for private expression, political engagement, and aesthetic experimentation. His unique creations American Flagg!
A entire advisor to fiction in English for readers elderly 4 to 16 the great interpreting consultant for kids is split into 3 sections to fit all ages staff has entries directory over a thousand books is split into different types with cross-references in order that youngsters can learn extra in genres they prefer contains either classics in addition to the easiest of up to date works contains books from world wide.
- How Long Have You Been With Us?: Essays on Poetry (Poets On Poetry)
- Literature and Ethics in Contemporary Brazil (Routledge Studies in Comparative Literature)
- One Hundred & One Folktales From India
- Passing for Spain: CERVANTES AND THE FICTIONS OF IDENTITY (Hispanisms)
- Mark Twain at Home: How Family Shaped Twain’s Fiction (Amer Lit Realism & Naturalism)
Extra info for A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000
A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000 by David Krasner